Course Goal: BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) Learners will integrate a blended learning, station rotation model into their classroom curriculum.
|Learning Goals||Learning Activities||Assessment Activities|
Learners will examine, analyze and apply characteristics of an authentic learning environment.
Learners will discover how blended learning can positively impact a student’s voice and learning.
Learners will be exposed to online resources that can be used to implement blended learning.
|-Discuss what is already known|
-Watch Monique Markoff at TEDxIthacaCollege
– Discuss new ideas and new perceptions
|Discussion and participation.|
Learners will evaluate current learning environments and establish the realistic goals for change.
Learners will create their own timeline and goals for their classroom based on subject and age.
– Show example of realistic timeline
– Teachers are given time to reflect on how blended learning will impact their class
– Learners are given template to develop their own timeline specific to their classroom.
|– Finished timeline (draft)|
– Teacher engagement
|Integration Stage |
Learners will plan and design one unit based around blended-learning for the fall trimester. This plan will emphasize student responsibility and give them a chance to take ownership of their learning.
|– Choose a unit that is suitable for an introduction to blended learning|
– Begin a draft outline on how to use blended learning in that unit
– Identify online resources that will be useful
|– Finished draft outline|
– Reasonable amount of sources identified for unit effectiveness
– Teacher engagement and discussion
Learners reflect on how implementing blended learning into the classroom has changed classroom culture, promoted the growth mindset, and encouraged confidence.
Learners will collaborate to solve problems and share effective resources and tools.
|– Discussion based|
– Teachers give feedback and offer solutions
– Teachers are able to solve their problems and help others
|– Teacher engagement and discussion|
– Self reflection survey
|Learning How to Learn|
Teachers will engage in independent research of new resources and data to help implement a blended learning style into their classroom.
Learners will use information given to them and their own research to implement blended learning fully into their curriculum.
|– Time offered for teachers to build their own knowledge|
– Self- lead research and integration
|– Measured through teacher engagement and implementation of blended learning|
– Teachers use blended learning in their classroom once in the first trimester (at least), and increasingly thereafter.
Fink, L.D. (2003). A self-directed guide to designing courses for significant learning. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
TEDxTalks. (2014, May 6). Click here– blended learning and the future of education: Monique Markoff at TEDxIthacaCollege. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2d8E1dZjY.